The Junior School caters for pupils aged 4-12 years. Students follow the adapted main primary curriculum taking a holistic approach to ensure that the needs of each student are met and that learning is both enjoyable and worthwhile and that students realise their full potential as unique individuals. The Primary Curriculum is presented in seven curriculum areas comprising 12 subjects.
- Communication and Language
- Physical Education
- Arts Education (Visual arts, Music, Drama)
- Social, Personal and Health education
- Social, Environmental and Scientific Education (History, Geography, Science)
- Religious instruction is provided to students preparing for First Holy Communion and Confirmation as appropriate
The English Curriculum plays a vital role in our school. It encompasses the three integrated areas of oral language, reading and writing. The individual needs of our children must be taken into account when delivering the English curriculum. We feel that all children should be exposed to and reach their full potential in each of the three areas. By enhancing their English skills and understanding they will:
- Become receptive to oral language.
- Develop competence and confidence in using the English language.
- Gain meaningful access to other areas of the curriculum.
- Enjoy books and other printed material (for information and pleasure).
- Have the opportunity to express his/her self through word/print.
- Develop his/her skills of attending to task, responding and interacting.
- Become more confident and improve his/her self esteem.